Friday, March 13, 2009

A Perfect World


What would a "Perfect World" be? As I finished a conversation with a friend today, I considered this question...what made me do so was that I was reflecting on our relationship over the years and it made me realize that very question. We have had a sorof "love/hate relationship" but honestly I have a great deal of love and respect for him!

Here's my thing....in MY perfect world, everyone would be like me...think like me...act like me...process others JUST like me...do things my way...live out life like I think they should...say yes and say no to the same things that I say yes and no to...

How many times have I said to myself "I sure wish _____ would do that differently!" "How can _____ do that???" "Why can't he just ______ that the right way!??" "I don't understand why _____ can't just figure out how that's supposed to be....That's the way we USED to do it!!!"

UNdeniably, I must live in a DREAM world--and NOT a 'Perfect World'! My perfect world...

You know, in my perfect world, I would gather all these friends and explain my 'perfect world' scenario for them and help them to understand that they MUST play together and LIKE it...and thus make my "Perfect World" possible!

Actually, I really DO like people and I think that has a two-edged sword for me because I tend to withdraw from making 'new friends' because of the craziness that goes on inside my head! I have some....many friends who refuse to fit inside my 'perfect world' and have the gall to go ahead and search for their OWN perfect world!!!

If only they KNEW what my "Perfect World" could offer them...

Good day! :O)

No comments: