Friday, April 3, 2009

Play Ball!!!




Well, it's "that time" again, the time when you can smell it in the air: BASEBALL! What a longggg winter it has been since that last pitch made the Phillies World Champs last October! Now, all the teams start out even 0-0...expectations run high and all the teams think they have a chance for success! And in the end, only the elite will make the October dance!

I'm excited about the new season, altho I was given a sad blow a couple of weeks ago when my sister changed from Directv to Dish Network--a I LOST my beloved MLB Network! All Baseball-24/7! Well...easy come, easy go...at least there's still ESPN! ESPN's Baseball Tonite lasts for 1 hour, MLB's Baseball Tonite lasts for 6 hours!!!

But, my beloved Cardinals will start the season with Mr. Carpenter on the active roster and they have hopes of making the post season...the Red Sox look pretty strong again in the AL East...the Braves may be a couple of players away from contending with the powerful Mets and returning Phillies... but all-in-all it looks to be a GREAT season!! It'll be the first year in 20 seasons that the fantastic John Smoltz will not be with the Braves but he moves over to the Red Sox and hopes to make a June/July return to the mound!!

Hey--I'm even excited about the New Yankee Stadium--the one where a ticket will cost you more than most people's car payment! But a monster of a new park!!

You know, I am starting my 43rd Baseball Season as a fan--42 years of baseball memories--with many more from the past and those to be built this year as well!

LOVE me some baseball!!! If only I could see my Lou Brock start in left field one more time....:O)

No comments: