Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Life Without Daylight Donuts!


My original title was to be "Life Without Reese's Cups", but my true heart belongs to 'Daylight Donuts'. Since we began Weight Watcher's on May 2nd, which we are in our 13th week, I have had 2 DD's. Yes, two Daylight Donuts. I am happy to say that it was 15.8 pounds ago as well, but the DD's are a fond memory and at times...I find that I simply MUST have one in my hand! The devil's food chocolate with chocolate icing is my all-time favorite and hence the name 'devil's food' may say it all.

Like sin, it tastes good, looks good...even feels good to the touch, but it is dispairingly harmful to our bodies and in the case of sin, our spirit as well. How do we/I cope with this feeling of need for a Daylight Donut? In my case it is easier to stay away from the store and thus be kept from the danger of giving in to temptation. I do admit however, that I have twice given in to my desires for the chocolatey delight and with only one each time, there has been no harm done.

In the case of sin, whatever face sin may take on today, whether it be a small lie, or a slight deception, or an ounce of lust, or perhaps it is an omission of something that God has for me to do which I sortof talk myself out of doing, something small and trivial or maybe something of great importance! Sin is as black as black and as deceptive as a 'Daylight Donut', and sometimes it may even appear just as desirable.


Am I perfect? Do I sin? Ever? Am I tempted at the least? What exactly is sin??? Come on...I'll just drive by maybe and smell 'em...


Daylight Donuts is just right down the road...

No comments: