Thursday, November 12, 2009

Digitography


A new word from me, combining digital (camera) and photography, thus: digitography!! I have created a few words before but not-so-much creating one that described me, or should I say what I like to do. I enjoy the 'art' of photography and with digital, it can make even the most lame 'dummy' like myself, look like I know what it is that I'm doing!
We have gone thru several digital cameras, a HP that is about the size of the old Kodak; and then we got a new HP, a little smaller and it takes some really good pictures! Then when Christy got her new camera from her Dad, she passed her old camera to me, which is a Fuji 5200 point-and-shoot! It takes some really nice pictures, even the one that netted me 3rd place in Our State Magazine this past August!
All this to say that digitography is an important science and not one to be taken lightly! I have read a few books trying to hone my limited skills in this area and hopefully I will land in another issue sometime!!
I enjoy shooting mostly landscapes and clouds, nature stuff... but in October when Susan & Bryan got married I took a couple of hundred shots of them and discovered that with the right subjects and so many shots to choose from that my camera can make some pretty good images! I don't know if anything will ever happen with this 'gift' but I do enjoy doing it...along with probably a couple hundred million other folks too!!
Digitography--hopefully here to stay!!!!!! Be lookin' for you thru my lens......:O)

No comments: